Thursday, December 9, 2010

get in my belly.

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here lately.  Things have been a wee bit hectic in my world as of late.  First, I came back from San Francisco and immediately got strep throat.  It was god awful.  For the first 4 days, I was too sick to even get out of bed to go to the doctor.  Day 4 I finally managed to drive myself to an urgent care after hours facility.  Day 5 I was able to eat a little applesauce.  By Day 7 I was on the slow road to recovery.  I missed a week of work which is unheard of for me. 

So, after dealing with that hott mess, my neighbor hit my car.  So I was dealing with him and body shops and car-rental quotes for a week.  No bueno.  It all ended up working out in my favor, so yay for that.

But I digress.

Unfortunately, because of all of this crazyness, I haven't eaten many tender vittles as of late.

In fact, I've been dramatically changing my food intake because I am training for a half-marathon.  For the most part, I've been eating greens in all their splendid forms.  Less than thrilling but it makes me feel my personal best.  ;)  I've basically been vegetarian, for the most part.  I do fall off the wagon on that once in awhile (after all, I do live in Texas) but for the most part, GREENS!  Oh, and fish.  I refuse to cut out seafood and sushi.  I'd rather die.


That was my lunch yesterday. 

You know, since I've been eating mainly whole foods and avoiding processed foods, I feel 10 times better.  Go figure.  I'm also loosing weight but that could be all the running.  Either way, it's f'ing delightful.

Now that I think about it, I did have some mad tender vittles during Thanksgiving.  I went with one of my best friends to eat with her family in Dallas.  Now those crazy vietnamese can throw down in the kitchen.  For serious.  Check these vittles out...


They had the traditional turkey and spring rolls and crab asparagus soup (which was amazing, AMAZING) and much more.  That soup...I'd take a bath in  that damn soup.  It was by far my favorite thing I ate.  I mean crab and asparagus!  I didn't take a picture of it because I was too busy eating it...and eating...and eating.

Hopefully, I will consume some exciting tender vittles in the near future!

Til then, toodle-loo.

1 comment: