Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Delicious vittles I have eaten as of late...

Here are some delicious vittles I've eaten this week.  Don't hate me cause ya ain't me.  Pics are from Uchi happy hour and Olivia.  PS I saw Matthew Mcconaughey and his hot baby mama at Uchi, and omg what a gorgeous couple.  I'm way too tired right now to elaborate on the cuisine, basically, so the pictures below will just have to suffice.  Let's just say that it was all damn good and leave it at that.

Also, I could really use a pep-talk since (1) I have 10 more weeks of my ridick marathon training and (2) This endeavor is, by far, one of the top 3 hardest things I've attempted to do in my life.  I'm not being dramatic either.  Yes it's physically exhausting but it's way more than that.  The mental part is what is difficult.  It's been quite an emotional process.

I've been thinking about a running mantra.  My friend Monica suggested I come up with one to get me through the difficult moments when I want to kill people or quit this endeavor.  I came across this quote recently and it resonated with me:

"Don't let anybody tell you what the fuck to do. I'm a unicorn. And fuck anyone who says I'm not!" - Tyler The Creator

So, I think my mantra is: I'm a unicorn. And fuck anyone who says I'm not!

From now on, when I'm running in 100 degree Texas heat and I want to pass the f out and say EFF THIS and go get a snowcone or a cocktail with my friends, I will remember that I am a unicorn and fuck anyone who says I'm not.  When I'm running in the darkness at 6:00 am and want to be sleeping, I will remember that I am a unicorn.  I've got this, suckas.  I'VE GOT THIS!  Unicorns are majestic and powerful creatures.  They can do anything.  They can poo glitter, doncha know?  UNICORNS ARE THE SHIT.

But I digress.

Ok, so on to the food pics, see below:













That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment