Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I have truly outdone myself. Fo real.

For several weeks I've wanted to cook scallops.  Several times I've heard that they are really easy to F up so I was nervous.  I found a pretty simple recipe on The Food Network website.  Also, I asked the guy behind the seafood counter at Sprouts Farmers Market to hook me up with his scallop wisdom.  The result:  It was the mf'ing bomb yo!

The scallops were seared in olive oil with salt and ground pepper for two minutes on each side until they were a light brown. I squeezed a whole lemon and decided to not use butter.

As a side, I made broccoli marinated in a sesame ginger vinaigrette.  I cut up some strawberries as another side.

Last week I went to dinner at my friend Ayda and Monica's house.  Monica cooked this amazing orzo salad that was outrageously good.  I decided to try to replicate it.  The result:  Also the mf'ing bomb yo!  I cooked up some orzo in olive oil and salt and mixed it with spinach, zuccini, squash, baby tomatoes, cucumber, more olive oil and salt and ground pepper.

Finally, for dessert: chocolate chip cookies.  Mmmmmmhmmm.  None of that fruit salad nonsense this week, oh no ma'am.

TWO SNAPS AND A TWIRL, OK?!

Eat your heart out fools.




1 comment:

  1. Finally scallops!!! they are so good and fast to cook. DO that corn and poblano pepper and pair it with the scallops, the sweetness of the corn brings out the flavor of that scallop. I want to make a version of that orzo now , too! way to go, jaime, this looks delish and colorful and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete