Wednesday, May 4, 2011

honey mustard marinated chicken, tra la la

Tonight was my turn again to cook for my friends.  I was going to try to make another seafood dish, perhaps even branch out and do crab cakes or scallops.  Instead, I went with chicken because a request was made to do anything but fish.

I bought some chicken breasts marinated in a honey-mustard/garlic marinade.  Also, I chopped up some yellow squash and some zuccini along with some broccoli, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and some ginger sesame marinade.  By the way, that ginger sesame marinade is the best $5 I've spent in a long ass time.  I highly recommend you try some of Annie's marinades/salad dressings because they are amazing organic pure deliciousness, for shizzle.  You can get them at Whole Foods.  Here is her website:  http://www.anniesnaturals.com/

I heated up some basmati lime cilantro rice that I got at Whole Foods and voila!

Dessert was a pineapple, strawberry, cantaloupe, blackberry fruit medley.

I think it was a hit because they ate it all and got seconds too.  Yay.




Also, I really, really, REALLY want to experiment with poached eggs.  I've never made one before and I really want to replicate this amazing spinach salad/poached egg awesome-ness that I had at Paggi House a few weeks ago.  So, if anyone wants to come over and poach eggs with me, that would be mighty fine, ya dig?

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn how to do this too. So when we see each other next and are around eggs and a stove we are doing it!Chris and Mister can watch and learn.

    ReplyDelete