Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lemon Shrimp Farfalle with Mixed Vegetables, no thanks to Obama

Tonight was my night to cook for my running peeps.  I knew what I wanted to cook and I was on a time-crunch.  Since I had to run 3 miles after work, I had to account for time to shower, walk the dog and pick up some ingredients at Whole Foods.  No problem, I figured, since dinner wasn't until 8.

Yeah, as f'ing if.

Obama was in town and he was literally 3 blocks from my office.  It took me FOREVER to get out of downtown and I had no time to get to Town Lake or Whole Foods.  I definitely had to deviate from my original plan.  Since I couldn't get to Whole Foods to get the special dressing and gluten free pasta I wanted, I had to make due with H.E.B.  Also, since I couldn't make it to Town Lake, I had to run on my treadmill.  Groty.  I hate running on treadmills.  The run ended up being awesome.  I ran 10 minute miles which is unheard of for me.  Wheeeee!

Now, the food.

I cooked up some farfalle in olive oil.  On a skillet, I cooked shrimp and mixed in edamame, asparagus, broccoli, red peppers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, sesame ginger vinaigrette, and olive oil.  I mixed it all together.  Corn on the cob and for dessert, peach cobbler and strawberries instead of ice cream.

It turned out pretty good!  Not my favorite but it was aight.

See pics below.  That is all.





3 comments:

  1. i wanna come to dinner at your place! looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo girl those strawberries look delish! ya heard?!
    oh and ps. my blog is myownlittlelemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete