Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Uchiko

I went to Uchiko last week. OMFG.  This was the best meal I have ever had, bar none.  And I have been around the world and have eaten some mad delicious cuisine.

Oh Em Gee.  Beyond party in my mouth, Uchiko takes you to another dimension and I ain't playing around here.  This was, by far, the best meal I've ever had, seriously.  Ever.  Even the Edamame was superb with it's seasoning/grilling deliciousness.  We had the koviche to start which had elements of citrus and crunch and tangyness all in one delectable bite.  The big eyed tuna was so amazing, so fresh.  I had the cobia which was recommended to me and it was so delicious...again, elements of different flavors including mint and cucumber.  Also, we had the George roll, crunchy tuna, tiger cry, and shag.  I HIGHLY recommend the tiger cry and the shag.  Tiger Cry had wagyu beef, the shag roll had tempura salmon...but these are more than mere sushi rolls.  Uchiko takes it to a whole other level with the ingredients and multiple flavor combinations and sauces.  It's like BAM, mother f-ers!  Party in yo mouth!

OK my favorite part of the meal, the desserts!  We had the fried milk and the sweet corn sorbet.  These are the best desserts I've had in my life and I'm 33 years old.  Genius, pure food genius.  So innovative and DELICIOUS.  You just have to go and experience it.  The presentation alone is amazing, but the TASTE. OMG that corn polenta dish with the caramel and the corn sorbet, so f'ing good.  And the fried milk was ah-mazing.

Here are some pics of the pure awesome-ness that is Uchiko...

sweet corn sorbet polenta custard, caramel salt, lemon
shag tempura fried salmon roll, sun dried tomato, sumiso, spicy sauce
sake atlantic salmon, preserved lemon, skyr yogurt, mint
koviche fresh diver scallop, tomatillo, kala­mata, black lime

                                                     big eye tuna fish sauce, kimchee oil

tiger cry grilled wagyu steak, yuzu kosho, toasted rice, cilantro
fried milk choco­late milk, toasted milk, iced milk sherbet

No comments:

Post a Comment