Friday, October 29, 2010

I have a food baby inside me as we speak.

So, last night, my good friend Lori was in town from Dallas.  She had $200 worth of gift cards to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse burning a hole in her pocket.  We have been trying to use the gift cards for months and FINALLY, we were able to make this happen!  This particular Ruth's is downtown and is a block away from my office so every day for the past several months I would walk past it.  It was killing me softly!

Now let me preface this blog by saying that I've really, REALLY cut back on my meat intake in the last year.  As I've gotten into running, I try to eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, fish.  Once in awhile, chicken breast.  My big vice is sushi.  Basically, I hardly ever eat meat.  Most of the time, I am ok with this.  However, once in awhile, I go apeshit and want a big, red, bloody, juicy, mooing, enormous STEAK. And if I don't get it, I'm not the nicest person.  It's been quite some time and I was at the end of my tether.  I wanted a huge ass peace of meat sizzling in a pool of butter and I wanted it yesterday.

So, we made the reservation, put on our eating pants, and went to town.  We went hog wild.  Lori insisted we do this up right and get everything our hearts desired.  Best believe, I did.

On a side note, who wants to buy me a nice camera so I can take better pictures?  This iphone camera bs is NOT cutting the mustard, ya dig?

On to the pics...

                                       Asparagus with hollandaise sauce.  Potatoes au gratin aka omfg.

                                           My ribeye, rare, extra butter. Go big or big home, ok?

Lori's filet, rare, accompanied by a succulent lobster tail with drawn butter

                                                                 She's pleased at punch!

                                                                    Get in my belly!
Look at that f'ing steak!  Don't you want to have babies with it?  I'm just saying.

                                                               Mmmmmm.  Just mmmmmm.

              It's best to wash it all down with a couple of Strawberry Margs.  Fruit is good for you  ;)                                   
dessert! cheesecake

So, all in all, this meal was the bees's knees and as of this morning, I have a food baby inside me. 

That is all.  xoxo, Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment