Wednesday, April 27, 2011

marathon training dinner - take 2

Tonight was my turn to cook again for these weekly marathon training dinners.  I cooked honey crusted chipotle salmon, broccoli and zuccini and a fruit salad.  I marinated the vegetables in sesame ginger sauce, olive oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper.  It turned out really good.

As I'm getting into this cooking thing, I'm coming to a realization that *I really enjoy cooking* - like, a lot.  I'm enjoying it so much that I may look into taking cooking classes after this ridick marathon training is over.  It's a lot of fun to look for recipes and try to experiment with flavors.  Also, it's a nice feeling to take some ingredients and make something that is damn tasty.  At first, I was quite apprehensive as I'm not one who normally cooks.  My mind is shifting and now I'm discovering that I really, really love it.

Also, I really want to poach eggs and try to make a spinach salad similar to the one I had at Paggi House recently.  That shiz was outrageously good.

I'm also discovering that:
 (1) Gluten free does not = tastes like shit
 (2) No butter used in a dish does not = why bother even eating it/what's the point
 (3) Olive oil is a necessity
 (4) I can cook, wheeeeeee!


1 comment: