Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Marfa vittles

This weekend I went with a group of 5 friends to Marfa, Texas.  I'd never been so I has no idea what to expect.  Marfa is super-rural and I didn't have very high expectations for fine cuisine.  We ended up eating a really nice dinner on Friday night at Maiya's.  Pretty fancy, fo sho.  Great food and wine, super small and intimate, a little pricey though.  I had a tomato mozzerella caprese salad and a ribeye with gorgonzola butter.  So damn good.  I basically completely threw out my food restrictions out the window this weekend.  So worth it.  That ribeye, omg.  Thinking about that heavenly slab of meat has just inspired me to write a haiku:

Ribeye steak, butter.
Bread and wine and steak, hell yes.
Eating pants are on!

http://maiyasrestaurant.com/menu.html

The rest of the time, we took turns cooking meals.  This system worked out really well. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and eggs hatched from my friends' chickens.  See pics below.




No comments:

Post a Comment