Thursday, April 28, 2011

Whole Foods, how I love thee

I went to Whole Foods for lunch today and spent $5 at the salad bar.  Best $5 I've spent on a lunch in quite some time, I must say.  I got some salmon pasta salad, fresh mozzerella, a zuccini medley, and assorted fruit. 

People bitch left and right about how eating healthy is so expensive and not convenient.  I beg to differ.  Seriously, $5 and I picked up my food from the salad bar in like 5 minutes.

And speaking of eating healthy, last night I saw a preview for Forks Over Knives.  What a compelling film trailer, for serious.  I want to see this movie so bad.  It looks so good!  Basically, the premise is that two out of every 3 Americans are overweight because we are eating primarily animal-based and processed foods.  Other cultures are eating plant-based foods and are living longer and better lives.  This is no surprise and certainly not rocket-science, yet somehow the trailer still comes across as very compelling.  I'll definitely be seeing this movie.

http://www.forksoverknives.com/

See pic of my lunch from today, mmmmm!  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment